Addiction treatment is a highly personalized process. Recovery is not a one-size-fits-all process. The most effective treatment options for one individual might be less beneficial for another. For this reason, it is essential to develop highly personalized programs of clinical care for each client. At Flatirons Recovery, we offer several distinct levels of care. This allows us to customize treatment plans based on the unique clinical needs of each client. For many, partial hospitalization is an important part of multi-staged treatment planning.
If you or someone you love has been struggling with addiction, Flatirons Recovery is available to help. We treat drug and alcohol addiction and dual-diagnosis disorders, providing our clients with the comprehensive care they need to make a full recovery. To learn more about our partial hospitalization program in Boulder, Colorado, contact us today.
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) in Boulder
Partial hospitalization, or PHP, often serves as a step-down level of care for those who have completed medical detoxification and inpatient treatment. Finding a PHP program in Boulder is straightforward when a person understands which level of care best meets their needs. Generally, PHP programs are ideal treatment options for individuals who:
- Have completed medical detox and inpatient treatment and need a supplemental level of care.
- Have a mild substance use disorder and do not require a higher level of care.
- Are not at immediate risk of harming themselves or others.
- Are medically stable and are not at risk of experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Have access to adequate recovery support at home and do not need to live in an inpatient treatment center.
- Have the motivation to continue with treatment without around-the-clock monitoring or additional accountability.
To learn more about PHP options in Boulder, Colorado, contact Flatirons Recovery Center today.
What is PHP?
The National Association of Private Psychiatric Hospitals (NAPPH) and the American Association for Partial Hospitalization (AAPH) developed an industry-supported definition of partial hospitalization. According to these two reputable organizations, “Partial hospitalization means an outpatient program specifically designed for the diagnosis or active treatment of a serious mental disorder when there is a reasonable expectation for improvement or when it is necessary to maintain a patient’s functional level and prevent relapse or full hospitalization.”
Essentially, PHP is a level of clinical care designed for those who want to continue on the road to recovery following residential rehab. Additionally, PHP serves as a stand-alone treatment option for those with adequate support systems at home. Those engaged in PHP can live at home or in a sober living home as they participate in therapeutic groups and one-on-one therapy sessions. At Flatirons Recovery, we offer a holistic PHP program in Boulder, Colorado. This means we address the whole person, treating physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health simultaneously. Contact us today to learn more.
Is PHP Right for Me?
PHP is an intensive form of outpatient treatment, making it ideal for individuals with moderate or severe substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health concerns. This type of outpatient treatment program provides clients a high level of care while allowing them to return home or to a sober living environment every evening.
Partial Hospitalization offers a structure similar to that of residential programs. However, PHP sessions typically meet for several hours every day of programming.
While engaged in PHP, clients will take part in the following:
- Intensive therapy sessions, delivered in an individual, group, and family setting.
- Life skills training, including vocational training and educational placement.
- The development of relapse prevention skills.
- Dual diagnosis treatment options for those with co-occurring mental health concerns.
- Holistic treatment modalities, including yoga therapy, art therapy, and more.
- Medication management services.
- Weekly case management sessions and regular check-ins.
- Family therapy sessions geared towards the restoration of healthy family dynamics.
Finding a PHP in Boulder, Colorado
When looking for a PHP in Boulder, it is a good idea to consider several important factors. Firstly, consider whether or not the PHP program is part of a comprehensive curriculum of clinical care. For many individuals, medical detox comes as an important initial step on the road to recovery. When a client has access to detox and inpatient treatment or PHP in the same location, they are more likely to complete a multi-staged treatment plan. Ultimately, this improves treatment outcomes.
Additionally, it is a good idea to consider the following:
- Is the Boulder PHP program licensed and accredited through the state of Colorado?
- Does the PHP program offer dual-diagnosis treatment options for clients with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health concerns?
- Is the PHP staffed by a team of experienced therapeutic professionals?
- Does the PHP program offer flexible scheduling options for those with pre-existing obligations or responsibilities?
Additional Levels of Care
In addition to PHP, the levels of care we offer at our Boulder, Colorado, addiction treatment center include:
- The Recovery Ranch Program — Our inpatient rehab in Boulder, Colorado, provides clients with 24/7 care in a comfortable, supportive environment. Clients participate in several hours of intensive therapeutic and holistic programming, followed by a range of recovery-friendly activities.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment — We offer daytime and nighttime Intensive Outpatient treatment (IOP). Our IOP program consists of individual and group therapy, relapse prevention training, vocational training, and a wide range of other pertinent services.
- Sober Living — Sober living facilities can be an excellent accompaniment to holistic rehab, both during and after treatment. Our Boulder, Colorado sober living home is comfortable and structured, providing residents with the accountability they need to thrive in their newfound lives of recovery.
Begin Your Healing Journey at Flatirons Recovery
Finding effective addiction treatment in Boulder, Colorado might feel overwhelming, especially if you aren’t sure what step to take first. At Flatirons Recovery, we take the guesswork out of receiving personalized clinical care. Our dedicated team of licensed addiction specialists is standing by to help guide you or your loved one toward a life of fulfilling recovery. All you need to do is make initial contact.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you begin your healing journey as quickly as possible. Contact us today to begin.