Work Location: On-Site In Office
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Hours: Weekday Hours; with some minimal evening work (2 hours/week)
Job Summary: A Primary Therapist provides direct client care under the supervision of the Clinical Director; Maintains a safe and efficient working environment per company policies, procedures and best practices; communicates effectively with the treatment team to ensure safe, quality care is provided to all clients.
- Provides direct support services including engaging clients in individual and group therapy, mindfulness and meditation, topics related to addiction recovery, mental health and wellness promotion, and crisis management.
- Conducts intake interviews, assessments or screenings with clients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate treatment plan goals.
- Develops and provides individual treatment plans; monitors, evaluates and documents client’s progress.
- Conducts clinical case management, aftercare planning and care coordination with community providers.
- Prepares progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding clients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors caseload daily to ensure required documentation is completed timely; including, but not limited to, assessments, treatment plans, case reviews and discharge plans.
- Facilitates coordination of care to include case review, therapeutic interventions, and client progress in treatment.
- Communicates with family members and other collaterals, as needed.
- Provide training, support to fellow clinicians and interns.
- Protect client rights
- Provide treatment that promotes client dignity, independence, individuality, strengths, privacy and choice.
- Recognize obvious symptoms of a mental disorder, personality disorder or substance abuse.
- Provides the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and that the staff member is qualified to provide.
- Meet the unique needs of the client population served by the agency or the staff member, such as adults who are individuals that have substance abuse problems, and possible co-occurring disorders.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences.
- Recognize, prevent and respond to a situation in which a client:
- May be in danger to self or a danger to others.
- Behaves in an aggressive or destructive manner.
- May be experiencing a crisis situation.
- May be experiencing a medical emergency.
- Read and implement a client’s treatment plan.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, such as by respecting staff member and client boundaries and recognizing the inappropriateness of receiving gratuities from a client.
- Identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse and the common side effects and adverse reactions of the medications.
- Has completed all of the requirements above and is documented in application and training.
- Recognize and respond to a fire, disaster, hazard and medical emergency.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or social work.
- Experience working with addiction recovery is preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, keyboard
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Benefits for full-time staff include weekly individual and group supervision, accrual of sick leave benefits, accrual of vacation and personal time leave. All leave accrual rates vary based on position, hours worked, and years of service.
Flatirons Recovery recognizes the following holidays throughout the year: New Years Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Day.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please email resume and cover letter to Mark Oberg, Executive Director, at [email protected]