If you or someone you care about is battling addiction in Westminster, Colorado, the caring and experienced team at Flatirons Recovery is ready to aid in the recovery process and will be there every step of the way. Let us help on this journey to a happier, healthier, addiction-free life!
Our addiction recovery center in Lafayette is just a 10-minute drive north of Westminster, and we offer flexible treatment options so patients can get the help they need in the most convenient way possible. Patients can choose to attend treatment while living from home and commuting to our recovery center or while living at our center.
We take a holistic approach to addiction recovery, attempting to heal all aspects of a patient’s life with proven treatments that incorporate creativity, nutrition, fitness, life skills, community, and more. This approach can help you or a loved one struggling with a variety of addictions, including:
- Adderall and other stimulant addictions
- Opioid addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Marijuana addiction
- Alcohol addiction
- Kratom addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
About Westminster, Colorado
Westminster is a city in Adams and Jefferson counties in the U.S. state of Colorado. It is a northwest suburb of Denver. The city has a population of over 106,000 people and covers an area of around 32 square miles. Westminster is known for its diverse neighborhoods, excellent schools, and abundant recreational opportunities. Some notable attractions include the Butterfly Pavilion, Standley Lake Regional Park, and the Westminster Promenade.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Westminster, Colorado
Drug and alcohol abuse is a problem that affects communities throughout the United States, including Westminster, Colorado. According to a report by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, alcohol is the most commonly used substance among adults in the state, followed by marijuana and prescription drugs. Additionally, the report states that rates of substance abuse among youth in Colorado are higher than the national average.
To address the issue of drug and alcohol abuse in Westminster, there are a variety of resources available to individuals and families in need of help. These include:
- Rehabilitation centers and treatment programs that offer counseling and therapy to help individuals overcome addiction.
Support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, that provide a community of peers who can offer encouragement and support during the recovery process.
- Prevention programs that are aimed at educating youth and adults about the dangers of substance abuse and providing them with the tools they need to make healthy choices.
- Law enforcement agencies that work to reduce the availability of illegal drugs and to prosecute those who engage in drug-related criminal activity.
It’s important to note that drug and alcohol abuse is not a moral failing but an illness that requires professional help to manage.
Addiction Recovery Resources in Westminster, Colorado
There are several recovery resources available to individuals and families in Westminster, Colorado who are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Some of these resources include:
- Rehabilitation centers: Westminster has rehabilitation centers nearby that offer inpatient and outpatient treatment programs for individuals with addiction. These centers provide counseling, therapy, and other services to help individuals overcome addiction and return to a healthy and productive life.
- Support groups: Organizations such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) offer support groups in Westminster that provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals in recovery. These groups are open to anyone struggling with addiction, and they offer a sense of community and belonging that can be incredibly beneficial during the recovery process.
- Addiction counseling: There are licensed addiction counselors in Westminster who offer individual and group counseling to help individuals overcome addiction. They provide a safe and confidential environment to discuss their addiction and receive help.
- Mental Health Services: Some of the rehabilitation centers and addiction counselors also provide mental health services for individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
12-Step Meetings in Westminster, Colorado
There are a variety of 12-step meetings available in Westminster, Colorado for individuals who are struggling with addiction. Some of these include:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings: AA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. AA meetings are held at various locations in Westminster and are open to anyone who wants to stop drinking.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings: NA is a fellowship of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. They meet regularly to help each other stay clean. NA meetings are held at various locations in Westminster and are open to anyone who wants to stop using drugs.
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA) meetings: CA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from their addiction. CA meetings are held at various locations in Westminster and are open to anyone who wants to stop using cocaine or other mind-altering substances.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous (CMA) meetings: CMA is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other, so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth. CMA meetings are held at various locations in Westminster and are open to anyone who wants to stop using crystal meth.
All these meetings are free and open to anyone who wants to attend. They are held at different days and times, so you can find one that works for you. You can find meeting schedules and locations by visiting the respective website or searching for them on the local directory.
Sober Fun in Westminster, Colorado
There are many options for sober fun in Westminster, Colorado. Some popular activities include:
- Hiking and biking on the Big Dry Creek Trail, which winds through the city and offers scenic views
- Visiting the Butterfly Pavilion, an interactive exhibit where visitors can see and learn about a variety of butterfly species
- Playing a round of mini-golf at Adventure Golf & Raceway
- Ice skating at the Promenade Ice Rink
- Visiting the Westminster Arts Center, which hosts exhibitions and performances
- Shopping and dining at Westminster Promenade, an outdoor shopping center
- Enjoying the Westminster Hills Open Space, which offers hiking and picnic area with great views
- Visit the Westminster History Center, which showcases the history of the city.
Contact us today to learn more about this unique and holistic addiction recovery process and how it can help you or a loved one.