Our structured sober living home is beautifully renovated and situated on a serene, 80-acre horse farm. Running and walking trails a lake for fishing, and visits from the horses roaming the land around us make this place a truly special environment to begin early recovery.
Our Colorado Sober Living Facilities
- Around the clock staff monitoring and accountability, including drug testing
- Optional community activities and outings, including family-style dinners, outdoor weekend excursions, and group trips to community events and meetings (Recovery Dharma, SMART Recovery, 12 Step)
- Beautiful rooms with adjoining bathrooms, large closets, and views of open space
- Two comfortable living spaces and fully renovated kitchen
- Landscaped outdoor space with games, vegetable gardens, and visits from horses
- Gym and Pool membership
What is “Structured” Sober Living and how is it Beneficial?
Sober living facilities, also known as recovery residences, can be an excellent accompaniment to drug and alcohol rehab, both during and after treatment. A sober living facility is a house or other type of home that provides a safe, drug and alcohol-free living environment for those in recovery. A “structured” sober living facility may also provide the following: 24/7 staffing by an addiction professional, randomized drug/alcohol testing, medication management, food, life skills coaching, treatment and/or community meeting requirements (such as AA or other recovery fellowships), transportation, extracurricular activities, and coordination with a clinical treatment team.
There are countless benefits to living in a recovery residence during and after treatment. Here are a few:
- Sober living builds community. When you spend time with other people in recovery outside of group therapy, you develop life-long friendships. If you are used to socializing and connecting with others while using drugs or alcohol, developing a new way of relating to others may feel daunting. It can be helpful to have others around you going through the same. In group therapy for addiction, you may be learning how to be vulnerable and trust others with difficult feelings and emotions. When you have a recovery residence go home to, you also get to connect with sober peers by relaxing and having fun (both are important!). And when you get triggered or have an impulse to use, you have support right there with you.
- You get help developing a healthy sober lifestyle. One goal of structured sober living is to help people develop the routines and life skills to thrive in recovery. At the recovery residence at Flatirons Recovery, we provide food, while clients are required to meal plan and cook together. Nutrition is an integral part of our holistic recovery curriculum, and putting a healthy diet into action is made much more attainable with structure, guidance, and accountability. We also require clients to participate regularly in a community fellowship of their choosing (such as AA, SMART Recovery, Recovery Dharma, or LifeRing) as well as an exercise regimen while staying at our sober living home. All of these pieces become habits that will hopefully follow clients into long-term recovery.
- You receive around-the-clock peer and staff accountability. When a sober living home is fully staffed, you know there is an addiction professional holding you accountable to your sobriety. Staff at recovery residences will give randomized drug and alcohol tests and depending on the level of care you may be receiving, accompany you on outings outside of the house. As friendships develop among housemates, peers also hold each other accountable for their sobriety.
- You have a calm and inviting place to unwind during the stresses of early recovery. One benefit of a recovery residence is that it can truly feel like a home, not a hospital or large “center.” Most sober living homes are in actual houses in residential areas and have a limited number of beds. Our sober living facility holds just nine residents, and is located on a serene 80-acre horse farm by the Colorado foothills. Like many quality recovery residences, we take great care in creating a welcoming, clean, and modern home, inside and out. Our house is newly renovated and thoughtfully decorated to provide our clients with a supportive healing environment. Two living spaces, each with TVs, comfortable rooms with adjoining bathrooms, a large soaking tub, good natural light, and plentiful views of open space are some features that add comfort and calm to our house.
- You will have the opportunity to help others. As you progress in your recovery, you may find opportunities to share your insights and experiences with peers who can benefit from your wisdom. We often hear stories from our clients about how their time towards the end of their stay at our recovery residence help them connect with the joys of being of service to others, especially those who were newly entering into recovery. For many, this passion for helping others becomes an integral part of their recovery journey.
Unique, Quality Sober Living in Colorado
Our sober living facility is available to those in our addiction treatment programs at Flatirons Recovery. For those in our PHP program, this includes food, transportation, 24/7 staffing, gym/pool membership, and extracurricular programming (for some of the ways in which our treatment and lodging combo differs from traditional residential treatment, see our blog). [add hyperlink to other post] Our addiction treatment curriculum is mindfulness-based and holistic, placing emphasis on healing the root cause of addiction and creating a thriving life in recovery. Some of the treatment modalities we use include mindfulness, DBT, CBT, ACT, EMDR, motivational interviewing, art therapy, equine therapy, yoga, nutritional counseling, biofeedback, and adventure/nature based programming such as hiking, rock climbing, and paddle boarding.